Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Wednesday: The Press Conference

Our hotel is next door to the Mobile Government Building.  On my way back to the hotel for lunch, I noticed several television trucks surrounding the building, so I went inside to check things out.  You can see three of the antennas in this photo.


Inside, I discovered that Mobile's mayor was scheduled to comment on the recent Department of Defense decision regarding the new KC 45 Tanker airplane project that was supposed to come to south Alabama.  A small crowd was waiting in the inside courtyard for the major to appear.


While they were waiting for the mayor, the news teams interviewed the chairman of their county commission.  He is talking with one of the reporters below.


The mayor appears.  One of the reporters is helping him get 'wired' up.



The reporters waiting for the Mayor to finish so they can ask questions.


Mobile's Mayor making his remarks.  Note the model airplane over his shoulder.


After it became obvious that no one was going to ask for my reaction, I decided to go to lunch.  The Reuben sandwich was pretty good.

No comments: