Monday, July 07, 2008

Police Chaplains - Mobile, Alabama















I am attending the International Conference of Police Chaplains (ICPC) 35th Annual Training Seminar in Mobile, Alabama, this week.  This is truly an international event:  I've met chaplains from Bulgaria, South Africa, and Saipan. 
















Only my children will understand - but this is a picture of the drapes in the hotel.  (I have just justified the cost of this trip in my wife's eyes).
















A 'real' Southern Belle in downtown Mobile.
















Part of the police vehicles on display - this one courtesy of the Mobile Police.


I attended two classes today.  My morning session was led by a chaplain from the Honolulu Police Department and discussed how chaplains should be involved in working with new police recruits.

In the afternoon, I attended a class dealing with school violence.  The Pennsylvania State Police Chaplain who responded to the shooting at the Amish School shared his experiences.  He is pictured below.

I'll add more photos later.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matilda...what's with the drapes?

Jana said...

Are-they-French-brouquet?

Love-you!

-Jana

Anonymous said...

Glad your trip to Mobile has been a pleasant one!

Let me know when you have any questions about the area.

If you are interested in being interviewed by me for my readers... you may email me.

My father retired from the City of Mobile Police Department.

Your occupation is vital to improving the world in which we live.

Thanks!

- GFB3

Consultant - Girard Frank Bolton, III.
The Developers Advocate
Advocating the Improvement of Personal, Business and Social Development